Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Eye Makeup of the Week

I don't wear makeup everyday. In fact, with the amount I own, I probably don't wear it enough. This week, however, I've been throwing something together in literally 2 minutes.
I take a couple blending brushes, slap some shadow on my eyes and I'm done. I've been really into warm colors for the past year or so and I have been loving two shadows in particular from Bobbi Brown, Toast and Camel. I decided to snap a photo of the look and share my easy go-to look recently. This does vary, but I use the same colors generally, just warm midtone browns, sometimes I leave the eye all matte, sometimes I don't. Today I blended everything out with MAC's Texture eyeshadow and added a shimmer color to the lid.

Steps:
Blend Toast in your crease, its better to do this as messy as possible. Feel free to not even look in a mirror, you can watch TV or read a book as you do this. I'm just kidding, but seriously, there is no rhyme or reason with these colors because they blend easily and I'm not going for anything dramatic or precise, I just want to look alive.

I then blended Camel, focusing on my outer corner and blending it into the crease. For reference I used a MAC 224 for the color Toast and a MAC 217 for the color Camel.

I added a little bit of MACs red brick somewhere in the crease, just throw a color a couple shades darker than Camel in there and you're good to go.

Next, I blended Texture over everything quickly and added a shimmer color closest to me to the lid. Told you. Easy.




I will admit, generally, I don't do the shimmer day to day, but I am trying to branch out. Perhaps next time I should do a pictorial..? Yes?

You can do this with any color combination, you can use a variation of purples from light to dark or greens or even yellow, whatever you fancy.

Might I add, it isn't the most flattering view taking a photo that close up to your face. No judgement.

Hope you enjoyed the quick post, thanks for reading!
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment