Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush


Hourglass makes one of my favorite setting powders, the Ambient Lighting Powders come in a variety of shades made to mimic different types of light. I own a few shades and use them in different ways to reach a desired finish.
When these were released I knew I had to give these a shot. These are priced at $35 for 4.2 grams of product, I own three shades...Radiant Magenta, Mood Exposure, and Luminous Flush.

These blushes are a marbled powder of the blush and the Ambient Lighting Powder. For reference, the Radiant Magenta blush has a magenta color marbled with the corresponding Ambient Lighting Powder, Radiant Light. These blushes are pigmented and finely milled, and because of how finely milled these are, they can be powdery when you swipe your brush in the product. These don't look powdery on the skin, they blend in and give you a subtle sheen, which is my personal favorite.








Radiant Magenta is a medium pink with warm undertones. 

                       


Luminous Flush is a golden coral pink shade with warm undertones. 


             




Mood Exposure is a rosy plum with warm undertones.







When swatched, these shades look fairly similar. These can be sheered out or built up for more opaque coverage, I swatched these with sheer to medium opaqueness.

Radiant Magenta, Luminous Flush, Mood Exposure, no flash

Radiant Magenta, Luminous Flush, Mood Exposure,  flash

Overall, I really do like these, however, I wouldn't run and purchase every shades as these do look so similar when applied to the cheeks. I didn't notice fading until over 8 hours into the day on my oily skin. I think these blushes apply great to the cheeks and give such a healthy glow to the skin that doesn't emphasize pores or texture.  If I could pick one shade it would be Mood Exposure!


Thanks for reading!
XOXO















[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment