Thursday, December 5, 2013

Want to get Naked?

Urban Decay has release their third installment of the Naked palettes and of course I jumped when Urban Decay said jump and am now the proud owner of the Naked 3. This differs from the previous two palettes being more of a neutral palette with rose hues. Naked is more
warm, while Naked 2 is more cool, this is a happy medium containing 3 mattes, 8 shimmer, and 1 matte with red glitter, and a double ended eye shadow brush.



When it arrived I will admit I expected it to be more rosy pink hued as it appeared online, however, I am still completely satisfied with how the colors look in person. Ten of the twelve colors applied beautiful, I had more trouble with Dust and Buzz. I found the glitter in the shadows was a bit chunky and it made it hard to work with on the eyelid (spraying it with fix plus helped me). The matte shades weren't difficult to apply or blend, however Blackheart had a ton of fallout, and when blended out the red glitter is undetectable. The brush it comes with is good quality, although it isn't my cup of tea. I find it a bit to dense and stiff to work with. The blending brush doesn't blend that well because of the density and how the synthetic hairs are cut (I prefer a 217 or 224 brush, or the Sigma equivalent).


Overall, I really like the palette. Do I love it? Yes and no. It's beautiful, don't get me wrong, and I've used it everyday this week but that will fade. I wish they would have perfected each shade as this retails for $52. I think for the price I shouldn't have a couple shades that I have to really work for to use them properly. After playing with this I have come to the conclusion Naked is my favorite of the bunch, the original is almost always better, right? ;) Here is a pathetic excuse for a swatch of the palette, I am still new working with a DSLR camera! So...will you be getting Naked?


[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment