Thursday, April 10, 2014

What I'm Wearing!


Lately I seem to be slapping on a few medium browns to the eye and calling it good. So the past few times I've done my makeup I been playing around with smokey eyes. This was super easy to create
and I used just a few shadows from my Lorac Pro palette and a couple shadows from Makeup Geek.

I first primed my eyes with this Paint Pot from MAC in Constructivist, it is a medium warm brown with slight shimmer. I blended this from my lash line and didn't take this farther up than my lower crease. I then blended out any harsh edges with a couple shadows from my Makeup Geek palette. I first used the top middle color called Peach Smoothie. I then applied the matte black from the Lorac Pro palette, which is more of a grey black.



Lorac Pro Palette 




Makeup Geek individual pan shadows
Peach Smoothie: Top row, middle shade
Frappe: middle row, middle shade

I patted this on my lid and took a fluffy blending brush and started to slowly blend the shade upwards being careful not to bring it too far up. I took the middle eyeshadow in the Makeup Geek palette, which is just a warm mid-tone brown, and started blending that with the black shade into the crease. I just wanted to make sure there was a bit of a gradual shift in color. You don't want harsh black and then pale skin. I mixed White and Cream from the Lorac Pro palette for my highlight. Lastly, for the lid, I patted a touch of the shade Deep Purple (original names, huh?) for a bit of shimmer on the lid. For the bottom lash line, I took Taupe from the same palette and blended it under my lash line. Don't skip this step. It really draws in the eyes and makes it complete. I took the shade Black on a small pencil brush and added it tightly into my lower lash line. I added a bit of gel liner to my water line, topped it wish Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (hehe) and added a pair of falsies to my top lash line. Boom! Done.




Thanks for reading!
XOXO



[Share to Pinterest]

2 comments:

  1. Hi, would you share your colors in the makeup geek palette with me :) ... oooooo or you can do a blog post as well :)

    ReplyDelete